Little Adam’s Peak is one of the best short-hikes in Ella, especially at sunrise or sunset. Safe to say it’s not to be missed on your visit to the famed ‘hill country’ of Sri Lanka.
I have put together this complete guide to Little Adams Peak including how to get there and what to expect when you arrive.
WHERE IS LITTLE ADAMS PEAK?
Little Adam’s Peak sits 1,141m above sea level in Ella and aptly got its name after its big brother, Adam’s Peak, which is a much larger mountain located in the west of Sri Lanka in Nuwara Eliya.
Little Adams Peak is a very short hike with a very big reward, boasting spectacular views of the surrounding mountains in the ‘hill country’ region and an easy hike for all sorts of travelers.
HOW TO GET TO LITTLE ADAM’S PEAK
The way up to Little Adam’s Peak is very easy to find and the trail is clearly marked with signs showing the way. The entrance to the trailhead is located next to 98 Acres Resort & Spa and you can also see a statue of a white Buddha.
The best time to hike Little Adams Peak is in the afternoon to catch the sunset and it only takes around 45 minutes to reach the top.
Allocate yourself a bit more time to take photos on the way up as the surroundings are absolutely stunning!
RELATED ARTICLE: BEST CAMERA GEAR FOR TRAVEL
Hiking Little Adam’s Peak
Follow this sign to the top
Sunset at Small Adams Peak
Have you got travel insurance for Sri Lanka? We all know accidents can happen and having World Nomads Insurance will save you thousands of dollars if something goes wrong.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT LITTLE ADAMS PEAK SRI LANKA
A dirt path cuts its way around the mountainside which eventually emerges at a set of stairs that leads up to the summit of Little Adam’s Peak.
At the very top, you will find a perfect lookout point to see the sunset and enjoy the panoramic views of the valley below!
But don’t end your hike here, follow the trail along the ridge because the view gets much better…
Watching the sunset at Small Adam’s Peak
Taking in the views
THE VIEWS AT THE TOP
There are many different rocky outcrops along the ridge trail at the top which make for an ideal spot to get some epic photos facing out towards Ella Rock.
My friends and I hung out with some friendly stray dogs as we enjoyed an epic sunset over the valley! Also, don’t forget to bring your camera and your best lenses for landscape photos, you won’t regret it!
Lion king scenes
WHERE TO STAY IN ELLA
Ella has hundreds of accommodation options to choose from, so I have narrowed it down to a few of the best places to stay to fit the needs of budget backpackers, luxury travelers, and everyone in between.
See the list of accommodations below that I personally recommend:
Luxury: 98 Acres Resort & Spa
Live like a celebrity in the best 5-star resort in Ella! Surrounded by stunning landscapes, 98 Acres Resort is within walking distance of the Nine Arches Bridge and Little Adam’s Peak. The rooms are luxurious and spacious featuring free wifi, seating area, flat-screen tv, kitchenette, dining area, private bathroom, and spectacular mountain views. There is also an outdoor pool for guests to use on the property. Breakfast is included.
Mid Range: Ella’s Edge Resort
This 3-star hotel is surrounded by tropical greenery and it’s one of the most relaxing places to stay in Ella. The resort features a restaurant, gardens, and mountain views from all the rooms. There are double rooms, triple rooms, and family-sized rooms available featuring a modern interior, a private bathroom, spacious living, and free wifi. Perfect for family and friends visiting Ella.
Budget: Little Heaven Homestay
One of the best budget accommodations in Ella. Little Heaven Homestay is centrally located and within close proximity to the hot spot attractions in Ella. There are double, triple, and quadruple rooms to choose from featuring large beds, private bathrooms, balconies, and terraces. They also have a restaurant at the property and wifi is free for guests. Perfect for solo backpackers and friends.
FOR ALL OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN ELLA, SEARCH ON AGODA OR SEARCH ON BOOKING.COM
BEST TOURS IN SRI LANKA
WHAT TO PACK FOR ELLA
When visiting Ella, here is a list of items I highly recommend bringing with you;
- Sunscreen – the Sri Lanka sun is very strong, so make sure to pack some high-quality sunscreen.
- Quick-dry travel towel – a must for drying off after a dip in the waterfalls.
- Reusable water bottle – stay hydrated by bringing along a reusable water bottle.
- Dry bag – protect your gadgets from any water damage while you’re at the waterfalls
If you’re interested in taking awesome photos and videos on your travels, this is the camera gear that I use and recommend;
- GoPro HERO10 – the most popular camera on the planet for action-packed adventures.
- Canon EOS R – perfect for traveling, this is the most affordable, compact camera on the market.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro – take your photos and videos to new heights with this user-friendly drone camera.
Sunset at Small Adam’s Peak
MORE SRI LANKA TRAVEL GUIDES
- Sri Lank Travel Guide: 2 Week Sri Lanka Itinerary
- Hikkaduwa Travel Guide: 7 Things To Do In Hikkaduwa
- Unawatuna Travel Guide: 8 Things To Do In Unawatuna
- Ella Travel Guide: Best Things To Do In Ella
- Udawalawe Travel Guide: Udawalawe Safari Tour
TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or it’s your first trip overseas, here are some useful travel resources to help you kick-start your next adventure!
- BOOKING.COM – search and book accommodation worldwide
- SKYSCANNER – compare and book cheap flights to anywhere
- VIATOR – find tickets, tours, and experiences around the world
- BOOKAWAY – book buses, trains, and transfers online in advance
- RENTAL CARS – search all rental cars in your next destination
- GROUP TRIPS – join one of my epic small group trips
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – purchase World Nomads travel insurance
- TRAVEL MONEY CARD – get a Wise card today for free
Looking for more? Check out my Travel Resources page for further help with your trip planning!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and if you have any questions, please leave me a comment below this post and I will get back to you as soon as I can. For a quicker response, be sure to join Jonny Melon’s Travel Tribe on Facebook and post your questions or recommendations to our awesome community.
THANKS FOR READING
Hey friend, thanks for reading this guide!
Please know this post may contain affiliate links. When making a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small kickback at no extra cost to you and it’s a big help to keep the site up and running. Rest assured, I only promote products and services that I personally use and recommend.