Sairee Beach is the biggest and most popular beach on Koh Tao Island.
Sairee is the main tourist hub on the island and it seriously has it all, from beachside bars and restaurants to dive shops and night markets. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it’s one of the best locations on the island to watch the sunset!
I have got you covered with this ultimate guide to Sairee Beach Koh Tao including how to get there, and all of the best things to do when you arrive.
WHERE IS SAIREE BEACH KOH TAO?
Sairee Beach Koh Tao is located a short 5-minute drive from the Mae Haad Pier and about 15 minutes from Taa Toh Bay.
HOW TO GET HERE
The best way to get around Koh Tao is to rent a scooter for 150 Baht per day to explore all four corners of the island. There are dozens of scooter rental stores in and around town and most accommodations offer scooter rentals too.
Sairee Beach has easy road access and when I visited there were no parking or entrance fees.
When you arrive, simply park on the side of the road and it’s a stone’s throw from the main road to the beach.
Find All → Hostels & Resorts in Koh Tao
BEST TOURS IN KOH TAO
WHAT TO EXPECT
As I mentioned earlier, Sairee Beach is the biggest beach on Koh Tao, stretching 1.8km along the western coastline of the island! So it’s up to you where you want to park along the road and stroll down to the beach because once you are down on the sand it’s very easy to explore the entire beach.
During the day, there are a few fun things to do including tree swings, beach volleyball, sunbathing, and snorkeling out on the reef.
MUST READ: 10 BEST BEACHES IN KOH TAO
Another great thing about this beautiful beach is that you don’t have to go far to get some lunch or drinks as there are restaurants and bars all the way along the beach, each with stunning views of the bay and neighboring islands.
The nightlife is always buzzing and it’s the best place to be on the island for all things happening! Night markets, streetside food vendors, and beach bars line the streets and I guarantee you will be far from bored during a night out.
For the diving enthusiasts, all the dive shops on Koh Tao can be found here at Sairee. Just pop your head in, say hello, and organize your dives in advance.
WHERE TO STAY IN KOH TAO
Koh Tao has hundreds of accommodations to choose from, so I have narrowed it down to a few of the best places to stay to suit the needs of budget backpackers, luxury travelers, and everyone in between.
See the list of accommodations below that I personally recommend:
Luxury: Sai Daeng Resort Koh Tao
I personally stayed at Sai Daeng Resort and can’t recommend this place enough! This 4-star accommodation is located right on the beachfront and features an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and restaurant on the beach, water sports activities, a shared lounge, free wifi, and shuttle service. The rooms are modern and spacious, fitted with air conditioning, flat-screen tv, a fridge and kettle, work desk, private bathroom, and balcony with ocean views. Buffet breakfast is also included for all guests. Perfect place to stay for couples, families, and friends.
Mid Range: Wind Beach Resort
Wind Beach Resort is the best value-pick accommodation located in the main tourist hub. Featuring a beachfront bar and restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, Thai massage services, and free wifi. The rooms are fitted with beautiful wooden furniture and decor, air conditioning, flat-screen tv, minibar, ensuite bathroom, and ocean views. Great place to stay in Koh Tao for couples, friends, and families.
Budget: Koh Tao Central Hostel
Koh Tao Central Hostel is rated one of the best budget accommodations for solo travelers, friends, and couples. Centrally located in Mae Hadd and within walking distance to the beach. There are dormitory-style rooms with air conditioning, free wifi, power sockets, lockers, and privacy curtains on all beds. Also at this hostel is a shared outdoor deck with cushions and a common area for guests to enjoy during their stay.
FOR ALL OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN KOH TAO, SEARCH ON AGODA OR SEARCH ON BOOKING.COM
WHAT TO PACK FOR KOH TAO
When visiting Koh Tao, here is a list of items I highly recommend bringing with you;
- Sunscreen – the Thailand sun is very strong, so make sure to pack some high-quality sunscreen.
- Quick-dry travel towel – the most compact and lightweight towel for traveling.
- Reusable water bottle – stay hydrated by bringing along a reusable water bottle.
- Backpack – The Nomatic 30L Travel Pack is the ultimate backpack for everyday adventures.
If you’re interested in taking awesome photos and videos on your travels, this is the camera gear that I use and recommend;
- GoPro HERO10 – the most popular camera on the planet for action-packed adventures.
- Canon EOS R – perfect for traveling, this is the most affordable, compact camera on the market.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro – take your photos and videos to new heights with this user-friendly drone camera.
MORE THAILAND TRAVEL GUIDES
- Thailand Travel Guide: 3 Week Thailand Itinerary
- Bangkok Travel Guide: 5 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Koh Tao Travel Guide: 15 Things To Do In Koh Tao
- Chiang Mai Travel Guide: 10 Things To Do In Chiang Mai
- Pai Travel Guide: 10 Things To Do In Pai
- Krabi Travel Guide: 5 Best Beaches in Krabi
TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or it’s your first trip overseas, here are some useful travel resources to help you kick-start your next adventure!
- BOOKING.COM – search and book accommodation worldwide
- SKYSCANNER – compare and book cheap flights to anywhere
- VIATOR – find tickets, tours, and experiences around the world
- BOOKAWAY – book buses, trains, and transfers online in advance
- RENTAL CARS – search all rental cars in your next destination
- GROUP TRIPS – join one of my epic small group trips
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – purchase World Nomads travel insurance
- TRAVEL MONEY CARD – get a Wise card today for free
Looking for more? Check out my Travel Resources page for further help with your trip planning!
If you have any questions at all about this epic beach on Koh Tao, please drop me a line below this post and I will get back to you as soon as I can. For a quicker response, be sure to join Jonny Melon’s Travel Tribe on Facebook and post your questions or recommendations to our awesome community.
THANKS FOR READING
Hey friend, thanks for reading this guide!
Please know this post may contain affiliate links. When making a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small kickback at no extra cost to you and it’s a big help to keep the site up and running. Rest assured, I only promote products and services that I personally use and recommend.
PIN IT FOR LATER