Paliton Beach is rated as one of the best beaches in Siquijor for its glistening white sands and palm tree fringed shoreline. This is one Siquijor tourist spot you do not want to miss!
Here is a simple guide to visiting Paliton Beach including where it is, how to get there, and what to expect when you arrive.
WHERE IS PALITON BEACH?
Paliton Beach is located in the main tourist area of San Juan on Siquijor Island.
Most accommodations are dotted along the main road in San Juan and it’s within walking distance to Paliton Beach in Siquijor.
If you are coming from the main port in Larena, it’s approximately a 40-minute drive to San Juan.
HOW TO GET TO HERE
There are a couple of options on how to get here and they are by scooter, habal-habal, tricycle, or on foot.
You can rent a scooter in Siquijor for as little as 250 pesos per day with a full tank of gas.
Must Read → 3 Weeks Philippines Itinerary
When you arrive in Siquijor by ferry, you’ll find that there are half a dozen scooter rental stores located at the Larena ferry terminal, which is super convenient. You can pick up a set of wheels for the time you plan to spend on Siquijor Island.
If you are not confident driving a scooter, the other option is hailing down a tricycle or habal habal (motorbike taxi) along the main road in Larena to get a ride to San Juan.
The cost depends on how good your bartering skills are, though for a 40-minute drive from the port you can expect to pay around 500 pesos.
Exploring Siquijor by scooter
Have you got travel insurance for the Philippines? We all know accidents can happen and having World Nomads Insurance will save you thousands of dollars if something goes wrong.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT PALITON BEACH
This particular beach faces west making it the perfect spot to watch the sunset on Siquijor Island with your mates!
A few oceanside cafes and beach bars are dotted along the beach, serving up cold brews and delicious meals. Most usually have happy hour between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm, so make sure to get there around this time if you want to score some cheap drinks.
Must Read → 13 Best Siquijor Tourist Spots
There is no real party scene at Paliton Beach Siquijor, just chilled vibes and like-minded people to hang with.
If you visit the beach during the day it’s just as good. You can find several tree swings tied to bent palms that you can have a turn on and swing out over the water’s edge!
Sunset at the beach
Apart from that, there isn’t a whole lot more to do on Paliton Beach other than go swimming in the ocean, lay in a hammock underneath the coconut palms, or read a book by the beach.
It really is one of the best beaches in Siquijor and I highly recommend adding it to your list of places to visit while exploring the island.
MUST READ: BEST TRAVEL ACCESSORIES FOR ANY TRIP
Paliton Beach Siquijor
WHERE TO STAY IN PALITON BEACH
Siquijor has hundreds of accommodation options to choose from, so I have narrowed it down to a few of the best places to stay to fit the needs of budget backpackers, luxury travelers, and everyone in between.
See the list of accommodations below that I personally recommend:
Luxury: Aloha Seaside Resort
Aloha Seaside Resort is one of the best places to stay on the island which is located in the main tourist area of Paliton Beach, San Juan! Featuring a swimming pool, hot tub, restaurant, room service, tour desk, and free wifi. There are deluxe family rooms and deluxe bungalows available which are fitted with a flat-screen tv, free toiletries, private bathroom, sun terrace, seating area, large bed, and incredible ocean views! Continental, à la carte, English breakfast is included for all guests. Recommended place to stay for families, couples, and friends.
Mid Range: Glamping By The Beach
Glamping By The Beach is the most unique accommodation on the island! Epic tee-pee-style tents situated under the palms on Paliton Beach are seriously hard to beat! Featuring free wifi, a bar, a garden, a private beach area, BBQ facilities, and a terrace. The luxury tents are fan-cooled and fitted with comfortable beds and power sockets. Simple but effective! Perfect place to stay for couples and friends.
Budget: JJS Backpackers Village
JJS Backpackers Village is the best budget accommodation on the island! Located on the beach in San Juan, this property features a restaurant, bar, shared lounge, gardens, and ocean views. There are twin rooms, double rooms, triple rooms, and dorms available which are suitable for solo travelers, couples, and friends. Continental breakfast is also available daily at this hostel.
FOR ALL OTHER PLACES TO STAY, SEARCH ON AGODA OR SEARCH ON BOOKING.COM
WHAT TO PACK FOR THE PHILIPPINES
When visiting the Philippines, here is a list of items I highly recommend bringing with you;
- Sunscreen – the Philippines sun is very strong, so make sure to pack some high-quality sunscreen.
- Quick-dry travel towel – a must for drying off after a dip in the ocean or lying out on the sand.
- Reusable water bottle – stay hydrated by bringing along a reusable water bottle.
- Dry bag – protect your gadgets from any water damage while you’re at the beach.
If you’re interested in taking awesome photos and videos on your travels, this is the camera gear that I use and recommend;
- GoPro HERO10 – the most popular camera on the planet for action-packed adventures.
- Canon EOS R – perfect for traveling, this is the most affordable, compact camera on the market.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro – take your photos and videos to new heights with this user-friendly drone camera.
MORE PHILIPPINES TRAVEL GUIDES
- Philippines Guide: 3 Weeks Philippines Itinerary
- Cebu: 15 Things To Do In Cebu
- Bohol: 31 Epic Things To Do In Bohol
- Siargao: 15 Things To Do In Siargao
- El Nido: El Nido Island Hopping
- Coron: Coron Island Hopping
- Boracay: 15 Things To Do In Boracay
- Siquijor: 3 Day Siquijor Itinerary
- Bantayan: 15 Things To Do In Bantayan
- Malapascua: 11 Things To Do In Malapascua
- Camiguin: 13 Best Camiguin Tourist Spots
- Romblon: 12 Epic Things To Do In Romblon
- Tablas: 10 Things To Do In Tablas
- Carabao: 7 Best Things To Do In Carabao
- Dumaguete: Best Dumaguete Tourist Spots
TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or it’s your first trip overseas, here are some useful travel resources to help you kick-start your next adventure!
- BOOKING.COM – search and book accommodation worldwide
- SKYSCANNER – compare and book cheap flights to anywhere
- VIATOR – find tickets, tours, and experiences around the world
- BOOKAWAY – book buses, trains, and transfers online in advance
- RENTAL CARS – search all rental cars in your next destination
- GROUP TRIPS – join one of my epic small group trips
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – purchase World Nomads travel insurance
- TRAVEL MONEY CARD – get a Wise card today for free
Looking for more? Check out my Travel Resources page for further help with your trip planning!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and if you have any questions at all about Paliton Beach in Siquijor, please leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
For a quicker response, be sure to join Jonny Melon’s Travel Tribe on Facebook and post your questions or recommendations to our awesome community.
THANKS FOR READING
Hey friend, thanks for reading this guide!
Please know this post may contain affiliate links. When making a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small kickback at no extra cost to you and it’s a big help to keep the site up and running. Rest assured, I only promote products and services that I personally use and recommend.