Bukit Selong Sunrise Viewpoint is one of the best attractions in Lombok! Here is an easy guide with all the helpful information you need to know about Bukit Selong including how to get there and what to expect when you arrive.
WHERE IS BUKIT SELONG & HOW TO GET THERE?
Bukit Selong is located in Sembalun, East Lombok. If you’re arriving in Lombok via Bangsal Harbour in Lombok’s north, it’s very easy to find a private taxi or a motorbike to rent at the harbour.
Expect to pay around 700,000 IDR for a driver for the day. You can also rent motorbikes/scooters in Bangsal for approximately 60,000 IDR per day.
The distance from Bangsal Harbour to Bukit Selong is 80km and it’s approximately a 2.5-hour drive.
THE WAY I TRAVELED TO BUKIT SELONG
My friends and I visited Sembalun as we made our way from the north of Lombok to the south. We had just finished a 3-day hike to the summit of Mount Rinjani and were staying in Senaru, a village in North Lombok.
The owner of our homestay at Blue Mountain Cottage organized a private taxi and driver to take my friends and I from Senaru to the viewpoint.
We managed to get the price of the van and driver for 700,000 IDR to drive us all the way from the north of Lombok to South Lombok, stopping at the viewpoint on the way through.
Our driver picked us up at 4 am and the five of us piled into the minivan for what was to be a 1-hour drive from Senaru to Sembalun and the sunrise viewpoint.
The view over the rice terraces
Have you got travel insurance for Lombok? We all know accidents can happen and having World Nomads Insurance will save you thousands of dollars if something goes wrong.
WHAT TO EXPECT
It’s a short 2-minute walk from the car park to the viewpoint. The sound of the morning roosters and the prayers from the mosques fill the air.
There are two viewpoints that overlook the rice fields – one is a dirt mound at a lower level and the other is further up the hill where you’ll see a handcrafted wooden star on bamboo stilts that makes for a great photo.
Continue the walk over to the other side of the hill to where you will find a cool little treehouse structure with a rickety boardwalk that leads out over the edge. Around every corner is a new epic landscape waiting to be discovered!
See More → 15 Awesome Things To Do In Lombok
Bamboo treetop walk
OTHER POINTS OF INTERESTS IN LOMBOK
- Lombok Guide: 15 Things To Do In Lombok
- Mount Rinjani: Mount Rinjani Hike
- Kuta Lombok Beaches: Best Beaches In Kuta Lombok
BEST TOURS IN LOMBOK
BALI TRAVEL GUIDES
- Nusa Penida Guide: 15 Things To Do In Nusa Penida
- Nusa Lembongan Guide: 5 Things To Do In Lembongan
- Nusa Ceningan Guide: 3 Things To Do In Nusa Ceningan
- Bali Travel Guide: 2 Week Bali Itinerary
- Bali Waterfalls Guide: 7 Best Bali Waterfalls
- Bali Beaches Guide: 11 Best Beaches In Uluwatu
TRAVEL RESOURCES FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or it’s your first trip overseas, here are some useful travel resources to help you kick-start your next adventure!
- BOOKING.COM – search and book accommodation worldwide
- SKYSCANNER – compare and book cheap flights to anywhere
- VIATOR – find tickets, tours, and experiences around the world
- BOOKAWAY – book buses, trains, and transfers online in advance
- RENTAL CARS – search all rental cars in your next destination
- GROUP TRIPS – join one of my epic small group trips
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – purchase World Nomads travel insurance
- TRAVEL MONEY CARD – get a Wise card today for free
Looking for more? Check out my Travel Resources page for further help with your trip planning!
I hope you enjoyed reading this article and if you have any questions about this sunrise viewpoint please leave me a comment below this post and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
For a quicker response, be sure to join Jonny Melon’s Travel Tribe on Facebook and post your questions or recommendations to our awesome community.
THANKS FOR READING
Hey friend, thanks for reading this guide!
Please know this post may contain affiliate links. When making a purchase through one of my links, I earn a small kickback at no extra cost to you and it’s a big help to keep the site up and running. Rest assured, I only promote products and services that I personally use and recommend.